After three years of living full time on a boat together we have figured out what meals are the easiest to cook and eat while underway. One of our absolute favorite boat recipes is breakfast burritos.
Ingredients for 2 people
5 free range eggs (3 for Billy, 2 for me)
4 pieces of bacon
2 Tbsp’s of shredded Mexican cheese
2 Tbsps of salsa or ketchup
2 large flour tortillas (I wish they made large corn tortillas :()
We try to use as few dishes as possible because fresh water is precious.
- Warm the tortillas either in a skillet, oven, or microwave ( I keep them in the oven on low until everything else is complete).
- Cook the bacon to your liking of crispyness
- Drain majority of bacon grease
- Scramble the eggs in the same pan you cooked the bacon in (the remaining grease will keep the eggs from sticking).
- Place your heated tortillas on plates
- Place two pieces of bacon in the center of each tortilla
- Add your scrambled eggs on top of the bacon
- Cut the avocado in half and then in slices and place on top of the eggs
- Sprinkle with cheese
- Add the salsa or ketchup